KX042-4 GL, Rubber Tracks, Long ArmTHE LOW EMISSION, 4 TONNE STANDARD
Packed with fresh thinking and productivity-boosting features, the KX042-4a is the most environmentally friendly excavator in its class. Featuring Kubota’s latest Stage V engine with an improved DPF for reduced maintenance, the KX042-4a offers all the versatility you need to tackle any job on site.
Fluorinated greenhouse gases
Powerful and reliable Stage V Kubota diesel engine with improved Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Muffler for reduced maintenance plus greater efficiency, optimised fuel economy, less engine noise and low emissions.
Kubota’s 1-pump load sensing hydraulic system ensures smoother operation and enhanced productivity, regardless of load size, with precision oil flow for specific attachments.
For ease of use the KX042-4a includes a dozer blade float function that makes a clean ground surface after backfilling.
The KX042-4a has the power and versatility to handle the toughest jobs with ease and efficiency, thanks to a digging depth of 3.45m, a reach of 5.57m and superb lifting performance.
A wide and comfortable air-conditioned cab provides excellent visibility with ergonomic layout with easy to use LCD panel controls featuring Kubota’s Intelligent Control System.
Built-in safety features include a highly visible orange seatbelt with alarm. Kubota’s Engine Start Lockout System prevents starting when the built-in safety lever is lowered.
Machine Weight (kg) 3973
Power (kW/hp) 29.1/40.4
Max Speed (km/h) 4.9
Max Dig Depth (mm) 3455
Max Reach (mm) 5575
Max Digging Force Arm/Bucket (kN) 17.8/30.5
Aux Flow 1 65 l/min @ 210 kgf/cm2
Aux Flow 2 37 l/min @ 210 kgf/cm2
Overall width (mm) 1700
Transport height (mm) 5085
- Powerful and reliable, low emission Stage V Kubota D1803-CR-TE5 diesel engine and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Kubota’s Auto Idling System is fitted as standard. When control levers are left in neutral for longer than 4 seconds, the system automatically reduces the engine to idling RPM.
- Routine maintenance is made simpler with access to all main engine components positioned on one-side for easier and quick inspection.
- Kubota’s 1-pump load sensing hydraulic system ensures smoother operation, regardless of load size.
- The L version includes two auxiliary circuits as standard, with precise oil flow programmable for specific attachments (up to five oil flow rates) into the memory of the digital display panel.
- Includes a manual third line hydraulic return.
- The dozer float function makes ground finishing work faster and easy After back filling, simply travel backward along the covered ditch with the dozer in the
- Well-balanced machine with an outstanding arm reach of 5.57m, a maximum dig depth of 3.45m, and an impressive digging force of up to 30.5kN, enabling operators to dig faster and more efficiently.
- The auto-shift system provides smooth automatic travel shift from high to low depending on traction effort and terrain when turning and using the dozer blade.
*Available on L models only.
- Designed for greater comfort, the large cab features a fully flat floor and more legroom to minimise fatigue.
- Excellent front and rear visibility with easy-open, gas-assist front slide window.
- Features include an adjustable deluxe air suspension seat and air-conditioning*
- Ergonomic layout with easy to use controls, including an LCD display panel featuring Kubota’s Intelligent Control System.
- A 7-inch full colour digital display screen features Kubota’s Intelligent Control System. Accurate displays of all necessary readings - such as routine maintenance alerts, engine temperature and a 90-day usage register (for machine hours worked) – are all at the operator’s fingertips.
- The cab also features a new replaceable handrail.
- Built in safety features include a highly visible orange seatbelt and alert function to encourage the operator to wear the seatbelt.
- Anti-drop safety valves as fitted as standard on the boom and arm.
- Engine Start Lockout System prevents starting when the safety lever is lowered.
- Hydraulic lock reduces back pressure and increases flow efficiency.
- The swivel negative brake locks the top frame in position when the engine is stopped or the pilot control safety lever is raised.
- Optional top frame and rear counterweight tie down points for safer transportation.
- Roll-over Protective Structure (ROPS) and Operator Protective Guard (OPG, Top Guard Level I) fitted as standard.
- Kubota’s industry-leading Anti-theft System is standard. Only programmed keys will enable the engine to start.